NONPROFIT CORPORATION ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 162 of 1982
450.2105 Definitions; A, B.
(1) “Administrator” means the director of commerce or the head of any other agency or department authorized by law to administer this act, or a designated representative of that person.
(2) “Articles of incorporation” includes (a) the original articles of incorporation or any other instrument filed or issued under any statute to organize a domestic or foreign corporation, as amended, supplemented, or restated by certificates of amendment, merger, or consolidation, or other certificates or instruments filed or issued under any statute; or (b) a special act or charter creating a domestic or foreign corporation, as amended, supplemented, or restated.
(3) “Assets” means the properties and rights entered upon the books of a corporation in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, or the current fair market value of such properties and rights.
(4) “Authorized shares” means shares of all classes that a corporation is authorized to issue.
(5) “Board” means the board of directors or trustees or other governing board of a corporation.
(6) “Bonds” includes secured and unsecured bonds, debentures and notes.
(7) “Business corporation” or “domestic business corporation” means a corporation for profit organized under Act No. 284 of the Public Acts of 1972, as amended, being sections 450.1101 to 450.2099 of the Michigan Compiled Laws, or existing on January 1, 1973 and theretofore formed under any other statute of this state for a purpose for which a corporation for profit may be organized under that act.
History: 1982, Act 162, Eff. Jan. 1, 1983
© 2009 Legislative Council, State of Michigan